LaserPING 2m Rangefinder Sensor Module SKU: 35191
LaserPING 2m Rangefinder Sensor Module
This is a Near-IR Laser Distance Sensor with 2M range, and 100% compatible to a PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor.
Ever wanted to measure distance but protect your sensor at the same time? Ultrasonic sensors work great, but it’s hard to protect them from the environment. Now you can do the same thing, but with near IR Laser! This allows you to shoot through a window and still get accurate results! The LaserPING 2m Rangefinder provides an easy method of distance measurement. This near-infrared, time-of-flight (TOF) sensor is ideal for taking measurements between moving or stationary objects.
A single I/O pin is used to both query the LaserPING sensor for its latest distance measurement, and to read the reply.
The LaserPING 2m Rangefinder can be used with nearly any microcontroller, utilizing its PWM mode or optional serial mode.
It is designed to be circuit- and code-compatible with the PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, making applications adaptable where different environmental conditions need to be considered. Measurements can even be taken through an acrylic window to protect the sensor; see the product guide for material selection guidelines.
The sensor’s built-in co-processor ensures the right logic levels. Its I/O connections operate at the same voltage supplied to the VIN pin, for compatibility with 3.3V and 5V microcontrollers.
- Non-contact distance measurement with a 2 –200 cm range
- Factory pre-calibrated for accuracy with 1 mm resolution
- Eye-safe invisible near-infrared (IR) illumination using a class 1 laser emitter
- Reverse polarity protection if VIN and GND are accidentally swapped
- Onboard microprocessor handles complex sensor code
- Compatible with 3.3V and 5V microcontrollers
- Breadboard-friendly 3-pin SIP form-factor with mounting hole
- Physics studies
- Security systems
- Interactive animated exhibits
- Robotics navigation and parking assistant systems
- Interactive applications such as hand detection and 1D gesture recognition
- Volume or height detection in process control systems
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 0.3 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.