A4988 Stepper Motor Driver SKU: 51090
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver
The Allegro A4988 stepper motor driver carrier by Pololu is an excellent, compact stepper motor driver used in many DIY projects, particularly 3D printers.
Available on backorder
RepRaps, Makerbots, Printrbots, String-drawing robots… you see these devices all over the open-source hardware world these days, and yo know what they have in common? Stepper motors. They’re relatively cheap, precise, powerful, and … a son-f-a-gun to make move properly. But since big IC companies also see how useful they are, there’s a large variety of ways to connect and power the 4, 6, & 8 wires that are needed to make a stepper motor move. And Pololu does a great job of making boards that use these chips!
- Proven Allegro A4988 Stepper Motor IC
- Simple and proven “Step” and “Direction” control method
- High-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover current protection
- Built-in short protection
- 8-35VDC input
- 1.0A continuous current per phase (no heatsink nor airflow cooling)
- 2.0A continuous current per phase (with adequate heat-sinking/cooling)
- 3-5.5V logic input
- full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16 microstepping modes
- Unsoldered (but included) header pins
For more current-handling capacity in exactly the same footprint, see the “Black” edition
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.