100 SMD LED String Lights (10m) SKU: 50900
100 SMD LED String Lights (10m)
$7.96 USD to $8.76 USD
10 meter length of 100 tiny SMD LEDs spaced 10cm apart (~4″). Various colors, even RGB blinking!
We have no idea how or why these nifty little LED string lights were made, but they’re so nifty, we had to have some. These tiny LEDs are soldered to what looks like bare wires, but are in fact enamel coated, so these are very thin indeed.
- Nominal operating voltage: 3~3.4V
- 10m (33′) long. with an LED every 10cm (~4″)
Color-specific Note – Warm White:
- Although spec’d at 3-3.4V, we found best performance at 6VDC nominal, and 7.2V is very nice (2 LiPoly cells).
Color-specific Note – Blinking RGB:
This particular kind has a Red/Green/Blue LED installed 10cm (~4″) apart down the whole string. Apply power (3~3.4V), and they start blinking. Sparkfun member codertao recenty posted his results using this string at different voltages:
- At 2V (0.05A), only the reds are on
- At ~2.3V (0.09A – 0.13A), the greens start coming on
- At ~2.5V (0.15A-0.18A), green is full on, and blues start activating
- At ~3V (0.34A-0.38A), blue seems fully on, and it looks good/decent.
- At 3.5V (0.5A-0.6A), still looks good, is bright while coiled
- At 4V (0.8-0.9A), relatively bright, probably being overdriven; was able to run like this for a few hours with no ill effects.
- The RGB version costs $1 more
Note: Please see the Resources tab for comparison data on different LED strips.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 1 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.