Solarbotics BeetleBot SKU: K JB
The BeetleBot is a simple kit to make a quick and basic obstacle-avoiding robot without using any solder.
The BeetleBot is the simplest TRUE robot you can build. Use only a screwdriver to put it together, then watch it zoom and smartly bounce off things in it’s way! No microcontrollers, ICs, or transistors are used – just two switches wired cleverly together form the brains of this robot that has been featured as a popular MAKE Magazine & Instructables.com project.
Designed by Jerome Demers originally as a science-fair project, this robot design has won awards for it’s simplicity and effectiveness. Jerome has now turned his design into a solder-free project, ideal for beginners to put together. The kit features:
- Simple screw-together mechanical construction (we even included the screwdriver!)
- Plug-in wiring
- Sturdy, preformed wire sensors
- Laser-cut acrylic shell featuring two shell designs (Ladybug / Tribal) and four color-themes
- Detailed construction manual with large, clear graphics
- Our famous 100% satisfaction guarantee means you don’t risk disappointment – we’ll make sure you have a successful build!
To finish your Beetle Robot, you will need 4 AAA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries, a steady hand, and a burning appreciation for putting stickers on things (that’s how you customize your Beetle Robot!)
Want to hear about the BeetleBot from someone other than ourselves? Check out the following reviews:
|Dimensions||20 × 15 × 3 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.