Didel GM17 Encoder SKU: 51510
Didel GM17 Encoder
Here’s a really cool quadrature encoder and motor driver for the GM17 Gear motor designed by the micro-specialists at Didel.
The DIDEL ROM-Enco is not just a simple encoder that counts the blips as the wheel turns. It’s specially designed to mate with our GM17 gearmotors to offer these features:
- Magnetic encoding detection, not optical!
- Quadrature detection – know if it’s going clockwise or counter-clockwise
- 3 pulses (6 edges) per motor rotation (* 228:1 reduction is 684 pulses per gearbox output shaft rotation)
- Built-in motor driver
- 3.5 to 6VDC input
- PWM / PFM input frequency of 500~1000 Hz6
- 800mA drive current (and with this motor, that’s plenty of power)
- 6-pin connection interface (0.1″ spacing) with
- 1 – Gnd
- 2 – Vcc (3.5~6VDC)
- 3 – Encoder channel 1
- 4 – Encoder channel 2
- 5 – Motor control 1
- 6 – Motor control 2
We must warn you that to mount these encoders into the GM17 requires some skill. It requires some dismantling and modification to the motor body to install the ROM-Enco. Fortunately, DIDEL has put together an excellent step-by-step set of instructions for this purpose.
|Note: This is just the encoder – GM17 gearmotor not included|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.